I was honestly so impressed with this recipe. I had no idea it would turn out this good, but it tasted exactly like store-bought, good quality ice-cream, and had a great consistency too. Creamy, rich, and chocolatey, I would definitely advise making this!
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk (14 ounces), chilled overnight in the fridge
- 160 grams of unsweetened cacao powder
- 397 grams of pitted dates (soak for 10-20 minutes if they are not moist enough)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Put a big mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes
- Put the dates in the food processor and process them until they form small pieces. Then gradually add hot water until the mixture becomes a thick paste
- Pour the cans of coconut milk into the chilled mixing bowl
- Whip it until it becomes creamy and smooth. Add in the cacao powder, vanilla extract and half the date paste. Whip until it is mixed fully.
- Taste and add more cacao powder or date mixture to your personal tastes. (I added in all the date mixture)
- Put in a freezable container and cover with clingfilm.
- You can either leave it for a few hours, so it forms a mousse, or leave it longer till it freezes fully.